Sunday 1 June 2008

McConaughey not interested in marriage

Hollywood star Matthew McConaughey has revealed he has no plans to marry his pregnant girlfriend, Camila Alves.
McConaughey, who is expecting his first child with the Brazilian model, believes he does not need to be a husband to make a good father.
In an interview with The Independent newspaper, the 38-year-old star of 'Failure to Launch' said: "My parents were divorced twice and married three times to each other.
"I believe in the institution of marriage, but I don't feel you have to marry. A kid just needs a mum and a dad."
McConaughey, who famously lives in a trailer on the beach, also revealed he plans for his child to live there too.
He said: "Probably my living in a trailer sounds like I'm just a wanderlust vagabond, but part of it is because I know where my stuff is and how I like it, and there's not enough square footage to have too many places to get lost.
"My child will spend some nights in the trailer. He's going to have culture and travel, but that's one of the great benefits of my business."